Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Credits (E10)

And here we are, at the end (middle?) of the road.
Scariest Road in Iceland

This blog series, the proposal, my plan, and the Iceland trip wouldn't have been possible without help from so many important people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Angeles Family

Kristine
Thank you for helping me design the ring,  and for being my confidant while April was in the shower or whenever we had any alone time together. You were the only one we both knew I could talk to in person about it.

Nikki
Thank you for spending Thanksgiving in the Bay Area with me and Kristine. It really did feel like we were already family when we whipped up those carne asada fries and watched Friends' Thanksgiving episodes all day.

April's parents
Thank you for picking up the phone and for listening to what I had to say. I'm very grateful that you are supportive of our relationship and that you would be willing to travel anywhere to see us get married. Thank you for keeping it a secret (from April) all this time, and thank you for telling the extended family!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our friends

Albert
Thank you for being my main man for bouncing ideas off of and for telling me of your own "plans." All of our g-chat sessions made it easier for me to plan this engagement and ultimately the wedding.

Winston
Thank you for hosting us in Taiwan. Thank you for hosting me those nights when I was drunk or when we had to pull all nighters. And thanks for coming with Albert to our marathon so that I could play guitar and ask April to be my GF while you guys held up those signs haha.

Noel
Thank you for being April's sister from another mister. You guys seemed to click even before you officially met (I recall April telling me a story about how she heard that another girl from SF was at the Tokyo JET orientation and how she was already excited to meet you). See you soon!

Ayumi
Thank you for befriending us while we lived in Japan. Without you, our experiences in Japan wouldn't have been as amazing as they were. You are really becoming quite the world traveller!

Stephanie
Thank you for being our neighbor and friend. And thank you for helping us out whenever we needed random stuff (e.g. internet, burgers, ramen, schedules, translating Japanese letters...). We hope to see you in Iceland next year!

Aki
Thank you for being an awesome friend, neighbor, and climbing buddy. You are always down for anything when it comes down to it. Thanks for your kind words and for helping us (mostly me) really get into studying Japanese. It's crazy how we met in Japan but still hang out back in the states.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Family

Mom, Dad, and Ate
Thanks for all of your support with my decision to ask April to marry me, and for being on-board with our Iceland wedding plans. It'll be a fun vacation! We haven't been on one together since I was 4 years old. It's long overdue!

Cousins
You guys are awesome. Gener, stay in school. Jonah, don't do drugs. Please come to Iceland if you can! If not, we can hang out in SD.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iceland Crew

Mark Andrew
You are the most amazing photographer I know. Thank you for coming on this trip and making our engagement ridiculously beautiful. Looking to see you in SD and then next year when you're taking our pictures at our wedding!

Edward

Old friend, thank you for capturing the proposal on video and for being my friend since preschool. Also, thank you for agreeing to be my best man (YOU SAID YES), and for being awesome. Kymmi!

Kevin

Thank you for fulfilling your lifelong dream of coming to Iceland and sharing that with us. I'm convinced that you need to move to Iceland and live there for a couple of years. You would fit in perfectly. You learned like half the language while we were there and you already have a network! See you at our wedding!
We have to go back here!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old friends

Lastly, thank you to everyone who congratulated us. I never expected the reaction we received when April posted on Facebook last week. I haven't talked to some of you in years, yet you took the time to reach out to me. Thank you so much! It really means a lot.

Thank you for reading this series of blog posts! I'll be blogging again soon.

<3 Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment